We’ve released our latest update to PaymentEvolution Payroll and our employee self-serve system PayChequer.com. Many of the changes were driven by our user community at community.paymentevolution.com where you can submit and vote on ideas, features and enhancements to your payroll service. I want to personally thank Trevor, Charlotte and Lori (members of our user community) for championing some of these changes – your input has been invaluable. THANK YOU!
- Export your payroll transactions to your general ledger system in XML format. To ensure your chart of accounts matches the GL codes in PaymentEvolution Payroll, first enter “payroll options” and select the “GL” tab to modify specific codes to match your accounting system. Export of the data is available from the “reports” menu under “GL”. There you will find a link to download the transactions to your local system.
- Vacation pay now supports multiple accrual and release percentages (4%, 6% accrual and release)
- Negative vacation pay is now available. You can use this feature to make adjustments to accrued vacation pay of your staff.
- We’ve activated a “demo” account for folks to test out the system. If you are new to PaymentEvolution Payroll, use the demo link at https://secure.paymentevolution.com/payroll/prMainLogin.aspx to create a demo account for you to explore the system. If you are currently using the service, you can always use the demo account to test out scenarios, check out new features or learn some of the advanced functionality of the system. Demo accounts are reset so don’t enter any data that you want to keep.
- Employees are now shown in your pay run based on their hire dates
- Employee numbers are now displayed on the timesheet and salary page
- We’ve added additional fields for data capture in the employee screens i.e. middle name field
- Our employee self serve tool PayChequer.com now supports the ability for employees to enter / modify their own email addresses, passwords, physical addresses etc. There have been many changes under the hood to support growth of the platform which we’ll be showcasing in the coming weeks.
Since we run in the cloud, we can do updates frequently without requiring our user community to update software, download patches etc. We are always looking for feedback – if you have a feature request or want to see some changes, please let us know!